Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Instructions to Authors
- Review manuscript submission guidelines
- include cover letter as an attachment
- indicate in the letter the title of work
- indicate all the authors (complete names, affiliations, ORCID iD, specific role/s in writing the manuscript and email address)
- indicate in the letter the corresponding author and provide complete contact information (post address, telephone, fax number, e-mail address)
EQUATOR Network Guidelines
- Review manuscript if compliant with appropriate EQUATOR Network Guidelines (e.g., CONSORT for clinical trials, CARE for case reports) and submit checklist
- Ensure all authors have read and agreed to the following: (1) Authorship Certification, (2) the Author Declarations, (3) the Author Contribution Disclosure, (4) the Author Publishing Agreement, and (5) the Conversion to Visual Abstract (optional for original articles only)
- Submit a scanned copy of the fully accomplished form
ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Ensure all authors have read and agreed to disclose potential Conflicts of Interest
- Submit the PDF copy of the fully accomplished form
Ethics Review Approval
- For Original articles, submit a scanned copy of the Ethics Review Approval of research
- For manuscripts reporting data from studies involving animals, submit a scanned copy of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval
Patient Consent Form
- For Case Reports, Images in Endocrinology and Clinical Case Seminars, submit a scanned copy of the fully accomplished form; otherwise, obtain appropriate ethical clearance from the institutional review board.
- Full names of the authors directly affiliated with the work (First Name and Last name), highest educational attainment
Name and location of one (1) institutional affiliation per author
If presented in a scientific forum or conference, provide a footnote indicating the name, location and date of presentation
- Provide an abstract conforming with the format
- Structured for Original articles: Objective/s, Method/s, Results, Conclusion
- Unstructured for Case Reports and Feature articles
- Provide 3 – 5 keywords (listed in MeSH)
- Provide text/content in IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion)
- Make sure all abbreviations are spelled out once (the first time they are mentioned in the text) followed by the abbreviation enclosed in parenthesis; the same abbreviations may then be used subsequently
- All references should be cited in the text, in numerical order. Use Arabic numerals
- Ensure all references follow the prescribed format
- The references should include the sources [e.g., PMID, PMCID, doi, links to website or sources; if local sources [only available in your country and not online, kindly email a copy]
Tables, figures, illustrations and photographs
- All tables, figures, illustrations and photographs should be cited in the text, in numerical order by type
- Provide separate files for tables, figures and illustrations
- Provide a title, legend (if appropriate) for each table
- Provide a title, legend (if appropriate), and caption for each figure and illustration (caption should be no longer than 15-20 words)
- if table, figure, or illustration is adapted, state so and include the reference
Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International. (full license at this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/legalcode).
To obtain permission to translate/reproduce or download articles or use images FOR COMMERCIAL REUSE/BUSINESS PURPOSES from the Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies, kindly fill in the Permission Request for Use of Copyrighted Material and return as PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
A written agreement shall be emailed to the requester should permission be granted.